Answers to Study Questions
for Week one Day One
1. How are the words Revelation and Apocalypse related?
Answer : The Greek word for Revelation is Apocalypse.
2. What does apocalyptic mean in Greek?
Answer : Nowadays we often men disastrous or cataclysmic, but originally it was used in the sense of Revelation.
3. What does the textbook author say is the importance of Revelation ?
Answer : He says that it is important because in this book God speaks to us of God’s mercy and love.
4. What did John intend to be done with Revelation ?
Answer : John intended for Revelation to be read in the churches.
5. What were the recipients of Revelation expected to do besides listen?
Answer : They were expected to keep the word, that is, obey.
If you have not yet obtained Justo Gonmzalez’ book, Three Months with Revelation,
you can obtain it at
This lesson series is provided courtesy of
The First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
0This site is poweered by