Answers to Study Questions
for Week Six Day 2
1. What is the meaning of the solemn oath the angel swore?
Answer: The meaning of the solemn oath the angel swore that the time of warnings and waiting is over.
2. What, according to the textbook author is it necessary to clarify about the words of the angel’s solemn oath?
Answer: The textbook author says it is necessary to clarify the words of the angel’s solemn oath are not a philosophical about the end of time.
3. How does this oath contrast to the words in Revelation 2:21?
Answer: The contrast of the angel’s oat to the words in Revelation 2:21 is that in verse 2.21 Jezebel [Rome] had time to repent.
4. What does the textbook author say is “one of the most insidious temptations for believers?
Answer: The textbook author says “one of the most insidious temptations for believers is to imagine that because God is love and mercy, God’s warnings will continue indefinitely, and we do not need to repent and change our lives.
5. What prayer does the textbook author suggest?
Answer: The prayer the textbook author suggests is to repent now, ask now for forgiveness, and to beg God for strength and guidance to continue living in holiness.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by