Day 2 of Week One
[Print out this page and place it in your notebook.]
Scripture for today
1.4-6 4 John to the seven churches
which are in Asia: Grace be unto
you, and peace, from him which is,
and which was, and which is to
come; and from the seven Spirits
which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the
faithful witness, and the first
begotten of the dead, and the prince
of the kings of the earth. Unto him
that loved us, and washed us from
our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and
priests unto God and his Father; to
him be glory and dominion for ever
and ever. Amen.
To view this scripture in the NRSV
and to see it in any one of 17 other versions or in another language
Study Questions for
Week One Day Two
1. Describe the cultural, economic, and political situation in which the
first hearers found themselves.
2. What is the general understanding of the number seven in biblical
3. Explain how letters in New Testament times generally began.
4. What is the major mood of the greeting in Revelation ?
5. What is the significance of this mood?
6. What politically subversive title does John give Jesus?
7. Why is describing Jesus as “faithful witness” important?
8. What was the social status of most Christians in John’s time?
9. What was the power of the Christians hearing Revelation being told
they are “a kingdom of priests serving God”?
10. If you accept Revelation as a message to you, what is the
significance of “a kingdom of priests serving God” to you?
When you have answered all the questions you may check your
This study series is presented courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by