Answers to Study Questions
for Week One Day Four.
1. Does the textbook author explain why “it is not likely that this
John is the same as Jesus’ disciple by that name”?
Answer: The textbook author says that for many reasons “it is not
likely that this John is the same as Jesus’ disciple by that
name,” but does not explain why.
2. Does Revelation itself claim that the author of Revelation is the
same as Jesus’ disciple of that name?
Answer: Revelation itself does not claim that the author of Revelation
is the same as Jesus’ disciple of that name.
3. Does the authority of John rest on his relationship to the disciples?
Answer: The authority of John does not rest on his relationship to the
4. In what three things does John say he shares with those to whom
Answer: The what three things John says he shares with those to
whom he writes are “the persecution and the kingdom and the
5. Why was John on the island of Patmos?
Answer: John was in exile on Patmos island because of his faith.
6 Does the book of Revelation describe the island of Patmos? How
do you picture it? Why?
Answer: The book of Revelation does not describe the island of
Patmos. You may picture it as a desert island, but if you go to this link to
you will find many fine photos of modern Patmos.
7. Why is the first day of the week called the day of the Lord ?
Answer: The first day of the week called the day of the Lord because
that was the day of the Lord’s resurrection.
8. On what two things is the leadership of John based?
Answer: The two things on which the leadership of John is based are
that he share hopes and difficulties with the rest of the church
and on the message Jesus has given him.
9. How is this different from many modern leaders?
Answer: This different from many modern leaders who are tyrants or
have dreams of greatness.
10. How can you receive the message of God to be delivered to folks
today without having a great vision like John?
Answer: Through daily devotions and biblical studies you can receive
the message of God to be delivered to folks today without
having a great vision like John.
11. What three questions does the textbook author suggest you ask
yourself about this?
Answer: The textbook author suggests you ask yourself
● Are you sharing what you have learned?
● Are you helping others to discover the will of God for them?
● Are you willing to hear what others have to say?
This lesson series is provided courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by