Day One of Week One
[ Print out this page and place it in a notebook.]
Scripture for today 1.1-3 [KJV]
The Revelation of Jesus
Christ, which God gave
unto him, to shew unto
his servants things
which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
If you would prefer you may read this lesson in
or in any one of 17 other versions or in other languages at
Study Questions for
Week 1 Day 1
1. How are the words Revelation
2. What does apocalyptic mean in Greek?
3. What does the textbook author say is the importance of Revelation
4. How did John intend for Revelation
to be communicated?
5. What were the recipients of Revelation expected to do besides listen?
When you have finished answering the questions for this lesson, click here for the
This lesson series is provided courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site is powered by