Week 1 Day 4
Scripture for today 1.9-11
9 I John, who also am
your brother, and companion in
tribulation, and in the kingdom
and patience of Jesus Christ, was
in the isle that is called Patmos,
for the word of God, and for the
testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's
day, and heard behind me a great
voice, as of a trumpet,
Saying, I am Alpha and
Omega, the first and the last: and,
What thou seest, write in a book,
and send it unto the seven
churches which are in Asia; unto
Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and
unto Pergamos, and unto
Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and
unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Click on the link below for a version of the scripture lesson in the
Or, if you would like to choose from 17 other versions and several other languages, click on
Study Questions for Lesson Four
1. Does the textbook author explain why “it is not likely that this John
is the same as Jesus’ disciple by that name”?
2. Does Revelation itself claim that the author of Revelation is the
same as Jesus’ disciple of that name?
3. Does the authority of John rest on his relationship to the disciples?
4. In what three things does John say he shares with those to whom he
5. Why was John on the island of Patmos?
6 Does the book of Revelation describe the island of Patmos? How do
you picture it? Why?
7. Why is the first day of the week called the day of the Lord ?
8. On what two things is the leadership of John based?
9. How is this different from many modern leaders?
10. How can you receive the message of God to be delivered to folks
today without having a great vision like John?
11. What three questions does the textbook author suggest you ask
yourself about this?
When you have finished answering these questions, compare them with the ones at
This lesson series is provided courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by