Scripture for today 1:12-16
12 And I turned to see the voice
that spake with me. And being
turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven
candlesticks one like unto the
Son of man, clothed with a
garment down to the foot, and
girt about the paps with a golden
girdle. 14 His head and his hairs
were white like wool, as white as
snow; and his eyes were as a
flame of fire; 15 And his feet like
unto fine brass, as if they burned
in a furnace; and his voice as the
sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand
seven stars: and out of his mouth
went a sharp two-edged sword:
and his countenance was as the
sun shineth in his strength
To go to a location for a different version click on
or 17 other versions and translations into other languages go to
Study Questions for Week One Day Five
1. What do the seven lampstands [candlesticks] represent?
2. Who is The Son of Man mentioned in verse 13?
3. What is the importance of Jesus in the midst of them?
4. What is the symbol of royalty in this passage?
5. What is the symbol of age and wisdom in this passage?
6. What does the symbol of like a flame of fire in this passage mean?
7. What is the symbol of stability in this passage?
8. What is the symbol of authority in this passage?
9. What is the symbol of the Word of God in this passage?
10. What is the symbol of divine glory in this passage?
11. What image of Jesus do these symbols provide that is often in
conflict with modern popular concepts of Jesus?
12. What implications are made about our ability to face and resist
temptations and threatening difficulties by the image of a powerful
When you have finished answering these questions, compare them with the ones at
This lesson is brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by