Answers to Study Questions
Day 4 of Week Three
[These questions reflect the extreme importance of these few verses for the understanding of the entire book of Revelation.]
1. What is held in the right hand of God?
Answer: A book is held in the right hand of God.
2. What is the importance of the right hand of God?
Answer: The right hand of God is the hand of execution and performance.
3. Close your eyes and picture the book. Picture the seven seals holding the book closed. What image do you have in your mind’s eye? Write your description in your notebook.
Answer: This is a question you must answer for yourself personally. But did you picture the book as a modern book or a scroll?
4. What is in the book?
Answer: The book is the plan of God for the ages.
5. Why can no one read the book?
Answer: Someone of exceptional power is necessary to open the book.
6. What is the importance of not being able to read the book?
Answer: The importance of not being able to read the book is that as long as the book remains shut God’s plan will not move forward to final fulfillment.
7. Who, alone, can open the book? How?
Answer: Only someone worthy of breaking the seen seals will be able to open the book. The book will be opened by breaking the seals.
8. Why does John weep?
Answer: John weeps because as long as the book remains unopened there is no hope of redemption.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by