Answers to Study
Questions Day 5 of Week Three
1. What does the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David mean?
Answer: The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David means a descendant of David, in this case Jesus of Nazareth.
2. Why is he the only one worthy to open the scroll?
Answer: He is the only one worthy to open the scroll because he has achieved victory over the power of death by his Resurrection.
3. What surprising contrast to the Lion does John see?
Answer: The surprising contrast to the Lion that John sees is that it is the Lamb.
4. What about the Lamb is a sign of power?
Answer: The Lamb has seven horns that a sign of power.
5. What about the Lamb is a sign of the fullness of the spirit, the fullness of wisdom?
Answer: The Lamb has seven eyes that is a sign of the fullness of the spirit, the fullness of wisdom.
6. How does the victory of the Lamb contrast with the victories of armies and of lions?
Answer: The victory of the Lamb is a victory of love, of giving of self, of suffering which contrasts with the victories of armies and of lions.
7. Look at the section called Act. Tell how you followed the suggestions there, if you did.
Answer: This is a question you must answer for yourself personally.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by