Answers to Study Questions
for Week Four Day 5
1. Why is it important that we understand the destruction described in these passages are not a detailed and orderly program of how and when the end of the world will come?
Answer: The purpose of the book is not to be a detailed and orderly program of how and when the end of the world will come and those who try to use it as such run into many problems of how to explain inconsistencies.
2. What is the purpose of the book?
Answer: The purpose of the book is to let us know that the Lord is God above all other false gods, and that God knows and will vindicate all the sufferings and difficulties that Christians must face if they are to be faithful.
3. Why is it important to mark the people of God?
Answer: The importance of being marked for God is that this is what salvation means, to belong to God, to be sealed or marked with the name of God.
4. What parallels are there with Exodus 12?
Answer: The terrors rained down on the Roman authorities to free God’s people from oppression remind us of the plagues rained down on Pharaoh similarly to free God’s people.
5. What is the sign with which the people of God are sealed?
Answer: The people are sealed with the name of God.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by