Answers to Study Questions for Day 7 of Week Seven
1. Why has the “salvation and power” of God and of Christ been
Answer: T the “salvation and power” of God and of Christ been
affirmed because “the accuser of our comrades” has finally
been expelled from heaven.
2. When the persecuted remain faithful in their struggle against Satan,
Answer: When the persecuted remain faithful in their struggle against
Satan, that victory resounds even in heaven.
3. What happens when even the earth comes to the aid of the woman?
Answer: When even the earth comes to the aid of the woman Satan is
4. What evidence from Revelation about the churches in Asia does
the textbook author use to comment on the “gospel of prosperity”?
Answer: The textbook author points out that if the “gospel of
prosperity” were true, then we would have to say that the
church in Laodicea was more faithful than the church in
Smyrna when the very opposite is true of those two churches.
5. According to the textbook author, what does Revelation have to
say about the attitude that if something negative happens that it’s
simply a part of the natural rhythm of life?
Answer: Revelation sees that suffering and temptation of the faithful
as a last ditch effort of a defeated Satan to avoid defeat, not
simply a part of the natural rhythm of life.
6. How should we act when faced by evil?
Answer: When faced by evil we have to face it with valiant firmness
rather than fleeing from it.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by