Answers to Study Questions for Week 8 Day 1
1. What is one of the reasons pointed out by the textbook author that
Revelation uses symbolic language?
Answer: So that those who are not believers and familiar with the
Bible could not easily understand it. [p.112]
2. How does the passage in Revelation 13:1-4 compare with Daniel
Answer: The beast in Revelation is a combination of the beasts in
Daniel’s vision. Daniel’s beasts represented the empires of
Daniel’s time and the beast in Revelation represented the
3. Why is it said that the beast comes out of the sea?
Answer: From the point of view of Asia Minor the Romans came from
the west, over the sea.
4. What does the textbook author suggest about the head with a
Answer: Although there has been much discussion, most probably it is
a way of imitating the Lamb that is slaughtered.
5. What are some of the powerful and prestigious enemies we face in
our day as a church?
Answer: The very culture in which we live and a social order with a
policy of exclusion, among others.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by