Answers to the Study Questions for the Week 8 Fourth Day
1. Where does the second beast come from and what does it
Answer: The second beast comes from the earth and represents local
2. How is the first beast and the second beast related?
Answer: The second beast promotes the authority of the first.
3. What does the textbook author mean when he says the beast looks
like a lamb, but serves the beast?
Answer: It means that the second beast seems to be on the side of the
Lamb, but serves Satan.
4. How does this apply to modern times in the international arena?
Answer: The exploitation of the poorest countries on the international
scene by the richest nations takes place with the consent of
the rich classes of the exploited countries.
5. How does this apply to modern times at the local level?
Answer: In many of our poorest neighborhoods those who are
exploiting the poor have local leaders who support the
exploiters in order to retain their local power.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by