Answers to Study Questions for Week Ten Day Four
1. What is typical of all visions?
Answer: In any vision the images have more than a single
2. What is the double metaphor of the vision of the kings?
Answer: The double metaphor of the vision of the kings are the kings represented by the numbers seven and ten which indicate completeness, and the legend of the return of Nero.
3. What is implied in the first part of the metaphor?
Answer: The first part of the metaphor implied that kings past and future serve the beast and there is no trust in the power of the government to resist the power of evil.
4. What is implied in the second part of the metaphor?
Answer: The second part of the metaphor refers to the then current popular legend that Nero would return from the dead to
terrify the world.
5. What is the main point of the passage?
Answer: The main point of the passage is that the final victory will belong to the Lamb and to the faithful.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by