Answers to Study Questions for Week Twelve Day Four
1. What is the purpose of all the destruction encountered in previous chapters?
Answer: The purpose of all the destruction encountered in previous chapters is to open the way for this new creation.
2. When did John write these lines?
Answer: John wrote these lines after the destruction of Jerusalem.
3. In what sense is this new city the heavenly Jerusalem?
Answer: It is the heavenly Jerusalem, not in the sense that it is floating in the air, but that its origin is from on high.
4. What is the new Jerusalem a sign of?
Answer: The new Jerusalem a sign of the permanent presence of God.
5. What does the textbook author say is the most important thing to learn from Revelation?
Answer: The textbook author say is the most important thing to learn from Revelation “is not that there is a beast or a dragon or a great harlot or seven cups of wrath, but rather here will be a new heaven and a new earth, and a new Jerusalem, where God will dry every tear from our eyes.
This lesson series brought to you courtesy of
First United Methodist Church
of Miami, Florida
This site powered by